Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Years in Jasper






This year we broke from the Olfert New Years tradition and the Olfert family came to our neck of the woods to spend the skiing/snowboarding vacation in Jasper. I was reminded once again why I love Jasper… so much to do and not as busy or overdeveloped as Canmore or Banff. Micah had fun spending time with his cousins Megan, Ethan and Casey and grandma and grandpa. We went swimming at the hotel pool almost everyday. Micah and I went to Marmot Basin ski hill to watch to skiers and go sledding. He was fascinated with watching the snowboarders and skiers. He loved warming up in lodge drinking hot chocolate.

I also had opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in unique ways. Mom Olfert and I went dogsledding. Dad Olfert and I went on an evening ice walk in Maligne Canyon. It was beautiful and amazing to be able to see the different ice formations and crawl into naturally formed ice caves and walk behind ice water falls. Thank you Mom and Dad Olfert for a wonderful winter holiday.

1 comment:

  1. The dogsledding looks very very neat, a little jealous. Looks like Micah likes the pool:)

    ReplyDelete