Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trip to BC

Last week my mom took Micah and I to BC to visit my sister. It was a spur of the moment trip, she had found a seat sale and my sister was on reading break, so it was perfect for a little get away. It had been 7 years since I had been back to the lower mainland (not counting the numerous layovers in Vancouver) and I found myself becoming a little nostalgic (I can't believe that I am old enough to be nostalgic!!!!). I visited TWU campus and took a walk down memory lane. I had such a great undergrad experience and it was fun to explore the campus with my sister. She showed me all the new additions to the campus and the buildings where we both had classes. We also went to Fort Langley and stopped at one of my old favorite studying spots – Wendals!!!
Micah and I by the new TWU sign.

My brick on TWU campus.


While I was at TWU I became good friends with my great aunt (my grandma's sister) - Aunt Eva. She would have me over for dinner and we would go to plays and other events together. She was such an inspiration to me at that time of how I wanted to be when I grew old. She had such a zest for life and was always willing to try new things or see new things. She is now 92 and she admittedly has slowed down quite a bit since I first met her, but she is still one of the most positive people that I know. I was so glad that I was able to see her and introduce her to Micah.



Another highlight of the trip was going into Vancouver and meeting up with my good friend Daina at Granville Island. Although our visit was too short, it was great to see her again and made me look forward to our Olympic weekend together in February.


Micah and I goofing off.


Micah having quality time with Auntie Janette.


It was my first time flying commercial with Micah and I am happy to report that he did really well (it was a little trial run for our upcoming longer trips). I was amazed at how nice people are to you when you are flying with a baby; I had numerous people ask if I needed help carrying stuff (and I didn't even have that much to carry). All and all it was a great trip - Thanks Mom.

2 comments:

  1. I love Micah's face in the "goofing off" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip! The best ones are the spur of the moment ones when the baby travels so well. Glad that you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete