Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It takes a village to raise a child


The past few weeks have been really tough with Micah. He was so content and easygoing the first two months of his life, but then he started being grumpy and fussy. I was really struggling last weekend (questioning my sanity for thinking that being a parent was a good idea) and with out even telling my family that I needed help, they came to visit…it was such a blessing. It warms my heart to see my brother and sister and parents interact with Micah. One of the cutest things was when my dad was "boxing" with Micah. I wish I had my video camera handy. Micah was just smiling and cooing as the two of them were throwing "punches" back and forth. My mom was her usual 'busy bee' self. She baked buns, cookies and even made us wareneki. I felt so refreshed and renewed by their visit. Here are some pictures from their visit…

Micah and mommy


Micah wearing the t-shirt he got from Auntie Janette.


Grandma's flying hold.


Micah telling Auntie Janette a story.



No comments:

Post a Comment